Are you ready for your business to thrive in 2022? Planning for business growth this year? Here’s 7 things
every CEO can do at the beginning of the year to prep their business for Growth and Scale:
1. Scale by Design: Review prior year financials, set revenue, profit, and margin targets. Break it down by stream, offer, product, customer. Do not set targets without looking at the previous years numbers. Numbers are math and financials are equations. It’s that simple.
2. Marketing Map: Plan campaigns and align your marketing strategies with your sales plans. You have to know when is the best time of year to push certain offers over others. Create a budget for marketing and ads solely or think about customer acquisition costs.
3. Branding: Refresh your website and remove or replace what no longer has any impact. Get new testimonials and case studies. Refine your overall positioning. Make sure it’s relevant to what your clients still need in the new year.
4. Team Game: Set up one-on-one’s with every member of your team to talk through their career and professional development plans. Review the previous year’s performance plans and set learning goals or provide resources to grow and develop. Don’t jump straight into the new year’s work without doing this.
5. Culture is Everything: Update your company culture handbook. Deploy an anonymous employee satisfaction survey to see what needs to be improved. Review benefits. Plan for team building activities, retreats and reinforce cross functional collaboration so you are not the bottleneck.
6. Time and Energy: This is very important and has to be established so you don’t burn out. Set time blocks in your schedule for thinking daily. Set no meeting days. Cut meetings from 1 hour to 30 mins. Set new scheduling / communications requirements for the team & boundaries with clients.
7. Unwind: Have Fun and take care of you. Remember that you started your business for a reason. Don’t lose sight of it. Focus on your mental health, your gratitude and overall well-being. Your business can only be so great as you.